Chime Hearing Centre Services
Hearing Services at Chime
With over 7 years' experience in providing private hearing services in Exeter and surrounding areas, we have become the first choice for many patients looking for the latest hearing technology. Our hearing services include Private Hearing Aids, Wax Removal, Assisted Listening Devices like amplified telephones, accessories for hearing aids, Hearing Protection standard and custom ear plugs, Swim Plugs, Hearing Aid Maintenance.
Commercial hearing aids
Here at Chime Hearing Centre, we work with all the best hearing aid manufacturers. This means that we are able to choose a device that is really suitable for the individual’s needs rather than being tied to one or two companies.
- While the NHS (National Health Service) hearing aids are advancing technically, and closing the gap between NHS and Private, there still remains a difference in technology between private and NHS. E.g. The analysis of incoming sounds and enhancement of speech.
- A major benefit of selecting Private Hearing Services over the NHS service is the choice of hearing aid.
- NHS aids are decided by contractual means between manufacturer and the NHS.
- Private aids can be chosen from a variety of manufacturers.
- NHS aids are generally of one style, i.e., slim tube BTE with some variation due to loss.
- Private hearing aids can be Custom (IIC, CIC, ITC, FSH), BTE or RIC depending on suitability and customer choice.
- Rechargeable aids are proving very popular, not yet available on the NHS.
- Our Hearing Services offer Private hearing aid fittings, followed by pre-arranged follow-up appointments, to deliver the best personalized benefits from the hearing aids for you
- Annual checkups are arranged, so private hearing service patients can rest assured knowing that hearing aids will receive an annual service and retuned based on results from an annual hearing test.
- In addition to the walk-in clinic. Service calls can be booked at specific times to suit, rather than take a chance with a walk-in clinic to ensure you receive the hearing service you deserve.
Ear Wax removal (Microsuction)
Ear Wax removal appointments are becoming more difficult to arrange through your GP, as many health centre’s have stopped performing wax removal.
Wax removal appointments can be booked directly through Chime, walk in or by phone and the appointment arranged as soon as possible with our hearing service providers.
While there is always some risk associated with ear wax removal, here at Chime Hearing Centre we uses micro suction which is considered to be a safer and a more comfortable process.
Learn more about Ear Wax Removal at the Chime Hearing Centre.
Assistive Listening Devices & Hearing Aid Connectivity Devices
Sometimes no matter how great the technology, it can be enhanced in certain circumstances by the addition of a purpose designed accessory. This should be done on a case by case basis where difficulties of hearing still exist for example: hearing things at a distance, hearing groups of people, hearing the television, hearing the telephone, or distinguishing background noise. There are many accessories that can help to improve the wearer’s experiences for all hearing conditions. Whether this comes in the form of a remote control, TV accessory, purpose made telephones, alarm clocks or an alerting device, our hearing services team can help identify the best solutions for you.
The availability of Bluetooth has meant hearing aids can tune into the ever-changing world of mobile phones and tablets using direct control for volume and programmes as well as apps for remote servicing and personal tuning. The ability to hear a phone call in both ears is a major benefit to phone users and using the hearing aids as the headset for listening to music or films. To find out what you might need, get in contact with our hearing services team today
Hearing Protection For Musicians & Swim Plugs
Many famous musicians suffer from hearing loss and hearing damage due to over exposure to frequent loud music. Hearing damage among musicians is caused by a range of musical activities including band practice, gigs or going to clubs. Ear protection worn as early as possible helps protect your hearing for longer, preventing potential hearing damage. Our hearing services can include the fitting of Custom ear plugs which can be used in almost any environment where hearing protection or noise reduction is needed. They are widely used in the music industry, whether for pleasure or professional use, however these can also be used in Motorsport, Military and many other sectors to help you protect your hearing. In addition to hearing protection, custom made ear plugs can be purpose made for reducing the effects of a snoring partner or for night shift workers wanting an undisturbed sleep.
Swim plugs can protect your ears from the elements by blocking the ear canals, helping prevent the onset of surfers' ear (exostosis), swimmers' ear (otitis externa), ear infections and ear inflammation that can occur from cold water immersion.
So whether you are looking to protect your ears from loud music or preventing issues from water - get in contact with our hearing services team today.
Hearing aid maintenance
As with most things, good maintenance of your hearing aids will optimise performance and minimize the need for hearing aid repairs.
Ear Wax and moisture are the main culprits for failing hearing aids,the Chime hearing services team can help with the process of cleaning and maintaining your hearing aids reducing down time and helping prolong the life of the hearing aid.
Our hearing services team can help you choosing the correct batteries for your devices as well as ear wax filters, domes and tubes fitted for your hearing devices
The Chime Hearing centre also offers a walk-in hearing aid repair clinic for those extra difficult bits and offer you peace of mind.
So whatever you need for your hearing aid, get in contact with our hearing services team today.